The town of Hohnstein itself was first mentioned as such in 1445. A devastating fire destroyed almost the entire city in 1724. Only the town hall from 1688 and the pharmacy on the market from 1721 have been preserved – until today! Immediately after the destruction, the construction of a new city church began according to the plans of the famous master builder George Bähr, who also designed the Dresden Frauenkirche. This resulted in one of the most beautiful baroque churches in Saxony in Hohnstein. When looking at the graceful simplicity, the attentive observer will notice fine cracks in the building. An (active) geological displacement zone runs under the church, the so-called Lusatian Fault between sandstone and granite.